Grand Magus Telestra is a high elf boss inside the Nexus. She is one of the mages of the Kirin Tor who has sided with Malygos to retain her Arcane powers. Currently, she is the guard of one part of Keristrasza’s prison. She is also the leader of the redirection of ley lines in the Dragonblight.
The fight has three phases.
A good strategy for the second phase if you have a mage(s) to have them use this macro
/target Frost/Fire Magus /cast polymorph /target Arcane Magus
Also, at the end of the encounter, the following macro is usefull. /target Grand Magus Telestra
* Casts Firebomb (Hits around 800 Damage to the enemy and other enemies around the original target)
* Casts Ice Nova (Deals 2357 to 2643 Frost damage to all enemies within 60 yards, stunning them for 3 sec.)
* Casts Gravity Well (Continuously pulls all players within 60 yards to the caster, rapidly dealing 75 Shadow damage for 6 sec)
Group heals will be useful for this, considering the Grand Magus uses AoE spells.
At 50% health she will Vanish and create 3 Clones of herself. Each clone will cast spells from each Mage Tree:
* Frost: Casts Ice Barb and Blizzard
* Fire: Casts Fire Blast and Scorch
* Arcane: Casts Time Stop (Stuns all enemies for 2 sec), Critter (Similar to Polymorph. Can be dispelled)
The Clones can be polymorphed. Once the Clones are destroyed she will reappear with 50% health. If you have no CC, kill the Frost wielding Clone first to reduce AoE damage.
She will return back to phase one when all the clones die. However, when she reaches 25% health, she will Freeze everyone and cast Fireball Volley (AoE fireball spell) that will hit everyone in a 30 yard radius.
The fight is easier with Crowd Control for Part 2 but not essential.
Little difference from non heroic, with the exception that spells hit much harder. Fire and frost resistance effects are useful (totem, aura, etc) to reduce damage taken in all phases.
With the increase in damage that the clones deal, the arcane time stop clone can seriously hinder healing efforts and can occasionally polymorph the healer.
Clones are able to be CC’d in all forms. CS, fear, stuns, and sheep are effective.
She has been known to clone twice.
Little to no difference from non heroic phase. Possibility for her to clone herself again.